Saturday, August 30, 2008

Second in the world? I'm just floored.

I got home last night after a delicious dinner in Chapel Hill at the famous Crook's Corner restaurant. Already content that the evening was going pretty well, it was quite a shock to get an email from my great friend Christobal Perez. He was congratulating me on my performance in the latest Wedding Photojournalist Association contest. Another email came soon after, from Matt McGraw, another buddy and WPJA member. Christobal and Matt have been slaying the contest in recent years.

I mention these two in particular because they have served as incredible mentors over the last couple of years. They certainly didn't have to waste their time with my dumb questions and offer advice, but they did.

In any case, these are the winning pictures. They are all from a wedding I shot in Virginia at the beautiful Berry Hill Estate.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats man, i was stoked to see your name among the top point earners. heck, i'd be happy to finish top 20 in one category!

andrew said...

Congrats buddy! Much deserved. :)

Anonymous said...

Solid! Be very proud of everything you have accomplished. You have earned it.

-Christobal

martha manning said...

Wonderful news, my friend! You are amazing!!

DanG said...

congratulations Shane! great work

Unknown said...

I've seen your work the past on the WPJA site, and you've got some fantastic work my friend! Congrats on the honors, it's definitely deserved.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Shane! Good to see you getting national recognition for what the rest of us have know for a while!

lusterstudios said...

Hey Shane, Just stopped by to say congrats. I really like the body language of the "hands" shot. It's something only a professional photojournalist would have seen and had the mind to photograph.

-Craig

Leah Bowman said...

AAAHHHHH!!! Congratulations!!! You totally deserve it! :) Next time, you'll be #1. ;)