Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My workshop - I love Charleston.

There are defining moments in everyone's lives. Usually, they are centered around a big event. Others come along quietly and when least expected. When Juliet Elizabeth offered her family's beach house as a location for a workshop, I took a leap of faith and just answered immediately, "Sure." Fast forward a couple of months and you would have found me losing a lot of sleep during the days leading up to the workshop.

A dozen different artists invested time, money and faith in me. I didn't take it lightly and truly tried to pour my heart and soul into the workshop.

It went beautifully. People were enthusiastic and excited to learn. Punam Bean really evened things out talking about her style of blog marketing. I spent a great deal of time discussing my belief that the real value of a wedding photographer should be found in the pictures, not just the stuff we sell. I think I made my case.

Then we moved on to shoot at two gorgeous locations. I really wanted the attendees to get outside of the box and have fun with the shoots... trying things they may not normally try. We had some spectacular results. As you'll see below.

Here's me, flapping my gums. Thanks for the photos, Juliet:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The incredible Punam Bean teaching us how to crack the destination wedding market:

Photobucket

And my good friend Joe Bunn, who talked about vendor relations:

Photobucket

Some of the pics I took at Lowndes Grove Plantation and The American Theater in downtown Charleston:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

From The American Theater

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I will post student photos soon!

Here's my great crew of attendees:

Photobucket:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

shane! thank you thank you thank you. i am so creatively pumped my head feels like it's seriously going to fall off...and this is a good thing! it was an awesome workshop! i look forward to a "step up" reunion. :-)

Evan Baines said...

Glad to hear it went so well Shane!

Anonymous said...

Cool! Would love to have an opportunity to attend the next one. Just an FYI. :)

andrew said...

Hey man, wish I could've made it to the workshop. Looks like it was a blast and I'm sure that everyone walked away with tons of info and a renewed passion for photography. Keep up the great work buddy!