Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hello world!

I decided today to take the plunge into the vast blog universe. I had been avoiding blogging because I have a famously big mouth and a penchant for controversy. Also, in my previous life as a newspaper reporter, sharing your thoughts publicly was frowned upon. Now free from the chains of journalism ethics, I'm baring all. Think of this blog as soul-nudism.

I want this place to be honest. Yeah, sure it's a marketing tool. But you'll also be able to learn about me and get a feel for my personality. On second thought, maybe it's not such a good marketing tool.

I'll be posting images from weddings and thoughts about my journey through this crazy life.

Thanks for reading. I'm adding some of my favorite wedding pictures so you can get a feel for my work.

This one is an absolute favorite. It's a real moment (not set up). It's my first AGWPJA award winner (I have a few under my belt now). Oh, and that would be the Artistic Guild of the Wedding Photojournalism Association - of which I am a member.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This one is featured on my website. It looks like a setup shot, right? Wrong. It's a real moment. The bride was laughing because the wind caught her veil. While I do setup portraits, I don't try to fake real moments. I think that's cheating.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Guys, do not do this. It will make your honeymoon very awkward. Of course, this particular bride kind of had it comin'. She got him first. This one is another *cough* award-winner for the WPJA.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OK, this is probably my most recognizable shots. It was my first WPJA top ten placement. It's reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock, which is no coincidence. I'm a huge fan of old movies and one of my favorites is Hitchcock's Vertigo. My creative eye is very influenced by cinema.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's enough for now. I hope you return and enjoy some photography and some random observations on life.

6 comments:

Damon Noisette said...

Don't feel bad for tooting your own horn on your own blog. Great moments deserve to be showcased!

Keep it up!

Nicholaus Haskins said...

Got your blog bookmarked. Looking forward to seeing what comes. Oh yeah...get up on Technorati.

Welcome to the blog world.

Unknown said...

BLOG LOVE COMING YOUR WAY!!

I'm glad you've gotten on board, you always have interesting things to say.

PS - I'm loving the 'Hitchcockesque' shot....that's just awesome!!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

you have incredible work shane!

Chris said...

Looks good Shane. I'll look forward to seeing more.

Michelle said...

Great work Shane!